REMBE® Pandemic Emergency Plan COVID-19
Due to the current development of the COVID-19 pandemic the Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs has decided to tighten the occupational health and safety standard COVID-19 for the companies in order to reduce the number of new infections. Companies are obliged as well as the option of mobile workplaces for the employees, who are able to work at home, to offer at least two COVID-19 self-test per calendar week for the employees on site. Thanks to the already on 2020-03-16 realized introduction of mobile workplaces for employees being able to work at home as well as the ongoing adaption of the below mentioned safety measures, independent from legal regulations, and their implementation by all employees the lights are still GREEN at REMBE® even now.
Your contacts in all teams of the company are available for you, the supply chain is safe and the production is still running on full power. We still don’t allow ourselves to be unnerved due to the general existing unease. We are moving forward the REMBE®-way which is dynamic, flexible and is adapted at any time – if necessary. Yet only one thing is important: Mutual confidence and reliability in partnership.
As “life protectors” we know that preventive measures are part of a holistic protection concept. We cannot change the situation, but our attitude and how we deal with it! One of the REMBE® advantages is the young team. The majority of us are not in the risk group. It‘s good.
Furthermore, REMBE® is financially fully independent and can therefore handle even bad times and ensure full operational status without any restriction. Our decision making process is as swift as it can be. I am constantly in contact with my Steering Committee Members as well as the designated COVID-19 Supervisors and most of the Staff Members.
Our supply chain is safe. Our stocks are still well filled.
To give you a brief insight in our Pandemic Emergency Plan COVID-19, here is an extract of Precautions and Safety Measures already having been valid since 2020-03-16 and continuously adapted to current requirements.
- All areas continue to work absolutely safely.
- Everyone is at least 1.5 m apart. Professionally and privately. Now self-responsibility comes before selfishness.
- The minimum distance of 1.5 m is visible by floor marking if necessary.
- If the minimum distance of 1.5 m cannot be maintained employees must use a medical or FFP2/KFP 95 mask, even when entering and leaving the buildings resp. of the offices during the working time.
- If a COVID-19 infection is suspected, the employee gets in touch directly with our company doctor, his family doctor or a COVID-19 test center allocated by the local health authority.
- Employees with relevant symptoms immediately inform the responsible team leader, the shift leader or the responsible Chief Officer. If on site, those employees leave the premises promptly. They contact their doctor or alternatively the company doctor. The responsible team leader, the shift leader or the responsible Chief Officer immediately identifies the other employees which whom they have been in contact and informs them about potential infection risks.
- Conference rooms are also converted for people to take their breaks at a safe distance of 1.5 m.
- The max. number of person per conference resp. break room and per table in these rooms is defined and for the employees easily comprehensible by clear marking.
- We have separated Sales from Production. The areas within the buildings are clearly separated.
- Office space is occupied in such a way that there is sufficient space between everyone.
- There is no longer an exchange of people between the individual buildings, the individual sectors in the buildings and locations in Brilon and our 9 Subsidiaries all over the planet.
- In production the working time is from 5:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m. By working in units and the systematic arrangement of the employees (even clearly visualized by wearing shirts in different colors) the conditions are provided to keep the minimum distance of 1.5 m in production.
- All employees who can work on the move stay at home until further notice.
- The quota of mobile work places in comparison with the total number of office workplaces is at least 60 %.
- Employees who have to work on site use their private car or two-wheeler for coming to work. Cars are not shared. Local public transport is not used.
- All employees, both those who work in production and those who have to work in the offices on site, carry out a COVID-19 self-test every day before starting work.
- We reduce internal meetings to a minimum. We avoid people gathering in front of coffee machines, for example.
- We cancel planned trainings on site resp. change alternatively to virtual sessions.
- Business trips are only carried out after consultation with the responsible Chief Officer.
- External visitors have access to our buildings if approved by the responsible Chief Officer and undertaking a supervised COVID-19 self-test with medical or FFP2/KFP 95 mask only. The visitors have to fill in and sign the REMBE® COVID-19 visitor survey prior to their visit. 2G Plus including the corresponding proof is obligatory for persons outside the company. With access to the building they are instructed to follow the defined hygiene rules for visitors.
- A 3G obligation applies to all employees throughout the company. The company premises may only be entered by employees who can present a complete vaccination, recovery or test certificate in accordance with the Ordinance on Protection against New Infections with the Corona Virus SARS-CoV-2 (Corona Protection Ordinance - CoronaSchVO) of 11 January 2022.
We are flexible in our approach, communicate within the teams and work together. These instructions will change as necessary as we monitor the ongoing situation. Be assured that with REMBE® you have a rock-solid, reliable and financially strong Partner. You can count on us.
Be well everyone! Stay safe!
Chief Executive Officer